Thursday, June 19, 2014

Farm Fresh: Background

Happy Friday!

It's Friday and you know what that means... Farm Fresh Friday Challenge @The Greeting Farm!  This week  my team-mate Marcy is hosting and she choose to the theme to be "Make Your Own Background!" This was definitely a fun one for me as I have been having lots of fun playing with my distress inks and figuring out some new-to-me techniques!

For my card I embossed some cardstock using my cuttlebug and took some various shades of blue distress inks (salty ocean, broken china, tumbled glass, faded denim) and rubbed them directly onto the embossed cardstock- carefully so that just he raised portions would get inked.  I also spritzed some water to get a marble-y speckled look...

FFF: background

Finished it off with a sweet freckled Guitar Ian, a sentiment and my favorite embellishments of the moment-washi tape & enamel dots!

Next week is my week to host the FFF- so stay tuned! But until then check out The Greeting Farm blog for all the ddets on this week's challenge!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Love your background and that guy is adorable, the little shaded accents in the SMILE are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!